About this course
SEWSHALL is a creative group that has been designed to celebrate community cohesion. The course aims to provide a safe space for learners to develop social and creative skills, bringing together mixed cultures with a single project focus: to give back to the community and celebrate diversity.
Learning outcomes include :
- Suggest creative ways we can share skills to bring together the project aim – making a wall hanging
- In pairs, discuss what community means to you and list 3 benefits of working within a diverse community
- Discuss as a group how we aim to represent our community and celebrate diversity within the final project.
- Produce a timeline (practise teamwork and time management skills) to meet our target of finishing the project and hold an end of course celebration
- Prepare questions to ask of the creative visitors attending sessions, to learn more about the skills they bring and widen your own skill set
- Share skills with peers – each week share one skill you have learned / practise new skills taught by peers. Consider why skills sharing is beneficial to personal and professional development, discuss as a group.
- Listen to tutor and peer feedback to evaluate your plan
The course will run weekly – every Wednesday – from 21st September to 23rd November 2022
This course is open to Adults aged 19 years plus with few or no formal qualifications
For further information or to enrol, please contact Malcolm X Community Centre on 07436261835 or email email@example.com