Learners will learn to use hand tools and some power tools under direct supervision to create wooden furniture which they can take home at the end of the course or donate to charity. Learners will research designs, make and follow plans to build their furniture. Tablets will be available for learners to make a film or photography their experiences. The aim is to give learners a tangible project involving teamwork, planning, time management and problem-solving. To help learners increase their confidence. Learning objectives include:
- Demonstrate teamwork through a range of activities.
- Use good communication skills.
- Describe how to safely work with tools.
- Demonstrate responsible working.
- Research and design pallet furniture.
- Use natural resources.
- Listen to and follow instructions.
- Use technology to record the development of the project.
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) with few or no qualifications.
The course will run weekly – every Monday – from 8th October to 29th October 2018
To enrol, please contact Charley Murrell – Groundwork South 07833128737 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: See link www.groundwork.org.uk