Paediatric First Aid
This 6-week course allows learners to gain a recognised qualification in paediatric first aid for use when working with children or just for peace of mind at home.
Learning objectives include:
- Define their role as a paediatric emergency first aider and how to minimise risks to themselves and others.
- Describe how to conduct a scene survey, a casualty assessment and call for help.
- Describe how to identify and treat a choking casualty with a partially and completely blocked airway.
- Demonstrate how to control severe external bleeding and how to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Describe how to manage a casualty with a burn and other minor injuries.
- Describe the common types of fractures and how to manage a fracture, dislocation or a suspected head, back or neck injury.
This course is open to learners (aged 19+)
The course will run weekly – every Thursday – from 12 September to 17 October 2019.
To enrol, please contact Richard Davies on 07788353420
Further info: This course is held at Southmead Childrens Centre formerly known as Badocks Wood