Paediatric First Aid
Practical and helpful course that will help you deal with health emergencies in babies and children. Course is accredited and with recognised qualification
Course fee of £37.50 unless you receive means-tested benefits or are working on low income (below £16,090 per annum) and can provide evidence of this.
Learning objectives include:
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of a Paediatric First Aider.
- List what to look for and describe how correctly complete a Primary Survey.
- Explain and correctly demonstrate the Recovery Position.
- State the principles of resuscitation and demonstrate procedure following instructions.
- Demonstrate effective and relevant ways to respond to a range of emergency situations including choking, shock, concussion, burns, bites/stings, poisoning and fractures.
- Correctly assess how to deal with major and minor wounds.
- Apply knowledge in how to manage a range of illnesses and health conditions in babies and children.
- Evaluate own skills and confidence levels in dealing with first aid situations.
This course is open to all learners aged 19+
The course will run weekly – every Tuesday – from 25th February to 24th March 2020
To enrol, please contact Lucy 07788353446 or email@example.com
Further information: Accessible venue with cafe on site. Street parking available nearby.