Paediatric First Aid
This 7-week course allows learners to gain a recognised qualification in paediatric first aid for use when working with children or just for peace of mind at home.
Learning objectives include:
- Define their role as a paediatric emergency first aider and how to minimise risks to themselves and others.
- Describe how to conduct a scene survey, a casualty assessment and call for help.
- Demonstrate how to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for children and infants using a mannequin doll.
- Describe how to identify and treat a choking casualty with a partially and completely blocked airway.
- Demonstrate how to control severe external bleeding and how to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Describe how to manage a casualty with a burn and other minor injuries.
- Describe the common types of fractures and how to manage a fracture, dislocation or a suspected head, back or neck injury.
The course is open to learners (aged 19+)
A crèche will be available but places will need to be booked before the start of the course.
The course will run weekly – every Thursday – from 9th January to 20th February 2020.
To enrol, please contact Richard Davies on 07788353420 or email@example.com
Further info on venue : www.lockleazehub.org.uk