Paediatric First Aid
A practical and helpful course that will help you deal with health emergencies with babies and children. The course will increase your skills and self confidence in dealing with paediatric emergencies and managing illnesses and injuries safely. Learners will be prepared to take a test to gain a Paediatric First Aid Certificate with this course. Learners can gain a certificate with Indigo Bubble Training.
Learning outcomes include:
- Describe roles and responsibilities of a Paediatric First Aider.
- List what to look for and describe how to complete a primary survey correctly.
- Explain and demonstrate the Recovery Position correctly.
- State the principles of resuscitation and demonstrate procedure following instructions and reason for doing it.
- Demonstrate effective and relevant ways to respond to a range of emergency situations.
- Assess correctly how to deal with minor and major wounds
- Apply knowledge in how to manage a range of illnesses and health conditions in babies and children.
- Evaluate own skills and confidence levels in dealing with first aid situations.
A crèche may be available but this will need to be booked in advance.
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) wanting to learn basic first aid for babies and children.
This course is FREE to learners who receive an eligible means tested benefit otherwise fees may apply.
The course will run weekly – every Thursday – from 12th September to 24th October 2019
To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney on 0117 9030072 or 07887451776
Further info : Four Villages Specialist Children’s Centre is fully accessible. Take bus to Long Cross or there is street parking.