Make Numbers Work
Make Numbers Work
This course is aimed at learners who want to improve and develop their maths skills in a friendly, supportive environment . Learners will identify their current skills and knowledge and build on them through a variety of practical and written activities.
Learners will develop and apply maths skills to practical, everyday maths problems. Topics will include money skills, metric measures (length, weight, capacity) and fractions. A range of resources will be used including ICT, problem solving activities, games, and paper based resources.
Learning objectives include:
- Read, write, order and compare whole numbers and money.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide with and without a calculator.
- Identify the maths skills needed to solve straightforward problems and write and carry out sums.
- Read off metric weights and liquids from marked scales.
- Compare the prices of goods of the same size and select best value.
- Read lists, tables and graphs and find information.
- Find simple fraction parts of whole numbers and shapes and identify and write unit fractions.
- Measure and read measurements using centimetres and metres.
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) with few or no qualifications looking to improve their maths. This course is suitable for learners with E3 level maths and learners wanting to build confidence to study Functional Skills Maths qualifications.
The course will run weekly – every Tuesday – from 27th April to 29th June 2021
To register your interest, please call 0117 9739744 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: The venue is accessible via public transport. If you phone or email to book your place, a map and bus information can be sent to you. There is no parking on site.