A varied course for parents/carers and their children (aged 4-11) to learn about growing food, outdoor play and wildlife. Come and meet others in a relaxed friendly environment, and learn about outdoor activities you can do with your children and the benefits they have.
The aim of the course is to encourage parents/carers and children to get outside and recognise the benefits that doing so can have on both mental and physical wellbeing.
Learning objectives include:
- Demonstrate teamwork through a range of activities.
- Use good communication skills.
- Develop a better understanding of growing food.
- Meet other people and build relationships.
- Use natural materials to create resources.
- Use technology to record experiences.
- Understand the benefits of outdoor play.
- Try new activities and explore the outdoors.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) with primary school-aged children.
The course will run weekly – every Saturday – from 23rd February to 13th April 2019
To enrol, please contact Charley Murrell – Groundwork South on 07833128737 or email email@example.com
Further information: See website groundwork.org.uk