level 1 to health and social care C&YP
A general introduction to the health and social care sector in preparation for moving onto the level 1 qualification.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Describe 3 jobs within HSC &CYPS and explain the knowledge, skills, and progression routes for them
- Explain the difference between statutory and independent care and describe how informal care contributes to service provision
- Outline the importance of safe moving and handling principles
- Describe the principles and values that underpin work in health and social care and explain how you can demonstrate that you value service users
- Give examples of hazards and their associated risks and explain when a risk assessment is necessary
The course will run on Wednesday 1st November – 7th February 2024
This course is open to learners aged 19 years plus (in August ’23) with few or no formal qualifications.
To enrol please contact Carol on 07341882755 or email Carol.Griffiths@bristol.gov.uk