Level 1 Award Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
This Level 1 course will help prepare you to work in Adult Social Care settings. The course is linked to a Sector Based Work Academy course which includes guaranteed interviews with feedback from Mears, a care company with vacancies in the Lawrence Weston and surrounding areas.
The course will develop learners’ knowledge and confidence in applying for jobs in the care sector. Learners can gain a Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care. Learning objectives include:
- Identify jobs available in Health and Social Care sectors.
- Identify the skills and qualities needed for jobs in the Health and Social Care sectors.
- Discuss the values associated with Health and Social Care.
- Identify where I can look for work in the sector, including using relevant websites.
- Describe the interview process for work in Health and Social Care.
- Identify the need for good communication and accuracy in the sector.
- The course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) interested in working in the Adult Care sector. Entry level 3 and above in English is required. This is a FREE course if you or a partner receive an eligible means tested benefit and if your annual salary is less than £16,090 a year
The course will run for 6 days – Monday to Friday – 4th November to 8th November 2019 AND Monday 11th November. Please note the course runs from 09.30 to 12.00 on Monday 4th and 11 November only and until 15.00 on all other sessions.
There will be an induction session at the venue at 10.00 on Weds 30th October 2019.
To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney on 0117 9030072 or 07887451776
For further information, please contact Weston College on 01934 411147 or email@example.com
Further info: Accessible venue, parking on street or buses 3 and 4 to Long Cross. Please see http://www.ambitionlw.org/