Level 1 Award in Passport to Enterprise and Employment
The course participants will learn, identify, analyse, evaluate and develop their own enterprising character and skills that can be transferred into self-employment and or into the workplace as an employee. It also supports individuals to explore either how to search for sustainable employment through the development of knowledge and skills to be a productive member of staff or explore whether self-employment is a valid option as a career pathway.
Learning outcomes include:
- Explain key entrepreneurial characteristics.
- Identify own personal strengths and weaknesses in relation to self-employment.
- Recognise ways in which a small business can gain and keep customers.
- Identify which social media platform would be most suitable for own business.
- Create own marketing strategy, identifying customers and branding approach.
- Explain how to measure customer satisfaction and how to respond to positive and negative feedback.
- Research competitors and identify opportunities and threats for own business.
- Identify own leadership and management styles and give examples of how to solve issues in the workplace.
This course is aimed at learners aged 19+ years.
The course will run for five days – starting Monday 17th June to Friday 21st June 2019
To enrol, please contact Aliu Bello – Centre for Capacity Building & Enterprise Development 0117 914 5472 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: Fully accessible venue