Level 1 Award in Health and Social Care
Gain the basic skills and knowledge with this first stage qualification to prepare to work across the health and social care sector with visits from local social care employers.
Course fee of £75.00 unless you receive means-benefits or are working on low income (under £16,090 per year) and can provide evidence of this.
Learning objectives include:
- Describe three jobs within Health & Social Care and explain the knowledge, skills and progression routes for them.
- Explain the difference between statutory and independent care and describe how informal care contributes to service provision.
- Describe the principles and values that underpin work in Health & Social Care and explain how you can demonstrate that you value service users.
- Describe a person or child-centred practice.
- Outline how to identify an individual’s communication and language needs, wishes and preferences.
- Explain how to work well with others.
This course is open to all learners aged 19+
The course will run weekly – every Friday – from 1st May to 24 July 2020
To enrol, please contact Helen @ Southern Links Children’s Centre 0117 3533503 or Julie 07469413348 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: Fully accessible venue. Street parking available nearby venue. Bus route 2 runs regularly from the city centre and stops nearby venue.