Introduction to health and social care C & YP
About this course
A general introduction to the health and social care sector in preparation for moving onto the level 1 qualification.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Understand the value and principles of social care: Describe how to be safe online
- Awareness of communication skills for children’s social care
- Explain what health, social and developmental needs are
- Identify three benefits of play in children’s development
- Awareness of the skills and attitudes required for social care
- Awareness of roles and responsibilities in social care job roles: Describe 5 services provided across the health and social care sector
- Research a job of interest on the recommended websites
- Describe how to minimise the risks from bugs and infections
The course will run on Wednesday 27th September – 18th October 2023
This course is open to learners aged 19 years plus (in August ’23) with few or no formal qualifications.
To enrol please contact Carol on 07341882755 or email Carol.Griffiths@bristol.gov.uk