Introduction to Adult Social Care
About this course
During this course you will practise your communication skills by speaking and listening as well as writing answers to questions related to Adult Social Care. You will have opportunities to reflect on your own personal attributes and how you would best utilise these in a job role.
Learning outcomes include:
- Explain the key values of Adult Social Care
- After some self-reflection decide on 3 personal strengths and use these in an application letter for a job in Adult Social Care.
- Identify situations in Adult Social Care where a ‘Person-Centred Care’ approach would be adopted
- Describe the responsibilities of Adult Social Care staff.
- Explain why fluids and nutrition are important to Health and Well-Being
- Research the different causes of infection and how a carer might prevent sickness and disease.
- From a list of safeguarding scenarios, choose one and write a mock report on what a carer may have witnessed.
- Explain to the group why equality and diversity is important in health and social care.
The course will run weekly – every Thursday – from 15th September to 24th November 2022
To enrol or for further information, please contact Shining Care Training – 0117 955 2562
To be eligible for this course, you must aged 19 years plus (in August ’22) The course is aimed at learners who wish to work in Adult Social Care and want to acquire innovative skills to achieve a job opportunity or to create sustainable earnings.