Functional Skills Maths
This course will allow learners to work towards an accredited Maths qualification up to Level 2. Learning outcomes include:
- Use, convert and calculate using metric measures (and imperial measures for Level 2).
- Solve problems requiring calculation, with common measures, including money, time, length, weight, capacity and temperature.
- Solve problems involving ratio and proportion, where one number is a multiple of the other.
- Use simple formulae expressed in words for one or two-step operations.
- Construct geometric diagrams, models and shapes.
- Find area, perimeter (and volume for Level 2) of common shapes.
- Extract and interpret information from tables, diagrams, charts and graphs.
- Find mean and range (median and mode for Level 2).
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) that have lower than a Level 2 qualification in Maths.
The course will run weekly – every Monday – from 7th January to 24th June 2019
To enrol, please contact Richard Davies 07788353420
Further information: See website www.badockswood.com