Functional Skills Maths
An accredited maths course where you can get a qualification. Learn in a friendly and supportive class with other adults. Increase skills and confidence in using Functional Skill Maths tools and techniques and successfully complete the exams.
Learning outcomes include:
- Use, convert and calculate using metric measures (and imperial measures for Level 2).
- Solve problems requiring calculation, with common measures, including money, time, length, weight, capacity and temperature.
- Solve problems involving ratio and proportion, where one number is a multiple of the other.
- Use simple formulae expressed in words for one or two-step operations.
- Construct geometric diagrams, models and shapes.
- Find area, perimeter (and volume for Level 2) of common shapes.
- Extract and interpret information from tables, diagrams, charts and graphs.
- Find mean and range (median and mode for Level 2).
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) that have lower than a Level 2 qualification in Maths. There is a crèche available but places must be booked prior to course starting.
The course will run weekly – every Tuesday – from 8th January to 25th June 2019
To enrol, please contact Julie St Jean Dick 07469413348 or email@example.com
Further information: St Anne’s Children’s Park Centre is in the new build Kingfisher School, Lichfield Rd, BS4 4BJ. There is free on street parking and bus 36 stops nearby.