Functional Skills Maths
Accredited OCR maths course. Opportunity to work flexibly with some online resources
The course will allow learners to develop the knowledge and skills to gain a Maths qualification.
The Learning outcomes include:
- Use, convert and calculate using metric measures. (and imperial measures L2).
- Solve problems requiring calculation, with common measures, including money, time, length, weight, capacity and temperature.
- Solve problems involving ratio and proportion, where one number is a multiple of the other. (Solve problems involving scale L2).
- Use simple formulae expressed in words for one or two step operations.
- Construct geometric diagrams, models and shapes.
- Find area, perimeter (and volume L2) of common shapes.
- Extract and interpret information from tables, diagrams, charts and graphs.
- Find mean and range. (Find median and mode L2).
- Use probability to assess the likelihood of an outcome.
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) wanting to gain a qualification and wanting to build skills and confidence in maths techniques and tools.
There is a crèche available but this will need to be booked in advance.
The course will run weekly – every Monday – from 14th January to 01 July 2019
To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney on 0117 9030072 or 07887451776
Further info : The centre is a fully accessible building and is on the bus route to Long Cross, Lawrence Weston.