Functional Skills English
About this course
This course enables learners to gain a recognised Functional Skills qualification in English. The course will help students to improve their skills and confidence in reading, writing, speaking, listening and communication, as well as their ability to self-reflect and work with greater independence and pace.
Please note that this course will no longer include a Level 2 curriculum and therefore the highest Functional level that can be achieved is a Level 1.
Learning objectives include:
- Communicate and present information, ideas and opinions clearly on a range of topics
- Follow and understand the main points within discussions, asking and answering questions with confidence
- Understand and locate information when reading a range of texts on paper and on-screen
- Identify the purpose, layout and language features within a given text
- Improve knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar rules
- Plan, draft and publish writing for a given audience and purpose
- Edit and improve the layout and content of written work
- Present written work in digital format using word processing skills
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) who have few or no qualifications wishing to gain an Entry Level or Level 1 qualification . A good standard of spoken English is necessary as this is not an ESOL course.
The course will run weekly – every Tuesday – from 2nd November 2021 to 12 July 2022.
To register your interest, please call 0117 9739744 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further info – The venue is accessible via public transport (further information can be found at https://youtheducationservice.org.uk.) There is no parking on site.