Functional Skills English
An opportunity for adults to gain a recognised Functional Skills qualification in English. The course will help students to improve their skills and confidence in reading, writing, speaking and listening as well as their ability to self-reflect and work with greater independence.
Learning objectives include:
- Communicate and present information and opinions clearly on a range of topics
- Follow and understand the main points within discussions
- Ask and answer questions with clarity and confidence
- Understand and locate information when reading a range of texts
- Improve knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar rules
- Plan, draft and publish writing for a given audience and purpose
- Edit and improve the layout and content of written work
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) who have few or no qualifications. A good standard of spoken English is necessary as this is not an ESOL Course.
The course will run weekly – every Thursday – from 9th January to 16 July 2020.
To enrol, please call 0117 9739744 or email email@example.com
Further info – The venue is accessible via public transport. If you phone or email to book your place, a map and bus information can be sent to you. There is no parking on site.