ESOL for Living in Britain
The learners will learn the everyday English needed to settle in Bristol. Learn to speak enough English to carry out everyday activities with confidence. Learning outcomes include:
- Create and share a personal family tree with the group.
- Use all punctuation correctly (including commas and apostrophes).
- Using a template, use present simple ‘have got’ to describe a symptom and understand medicine.
- Understand and use some idioms connected with weather.
- Describe your home using plurals and ‘there is…’, ‘there are…’, etc.
- Order food at the market.
- Give instructions on how to make a simple recipe.
- Give and understand directions.
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) that are residents of Easton and Lawrence Hill that wish to improve basic English speaking skills.
The course will run weekly – every Thursday – from 27th September to 6th December 2018
To enrol, please contact Edwina Provansal 07825315820
Further information: See website bristolquakers.org.uk