An 8-week online course helping learners to improve their English in order to progress in employment. They will gain skills for every stage of the process of gaining employment, from understanding the vocabulary used in job adverts and applications, through formal writing techniques to expressing themselves orally by practising interview questions. Held online this course will increase learners digital skills and confidence.
Learning outcomes include:
- To be able to use an online platform, such as might be used for an online job interview
- To ask and answer questions such as could be required for an interview, expressing own opinions clearly, politely and persuasively
- To be confident to speak one-to-one and in a small group in an online setting
- To practise reading skills, including skimming, scanning and careful reading to gain information from typical job advertisements
- To understand the vocabulary used in job advertisements and applications and be able to list and analyse own skills, qualities, qualifications, experience etc
- To develop planning, drafting and editing skills for any written task
- To distinguish between formal and informal language, in order to write documents such as CVs, personal statements, covering letters etc using suitable content, language and layout
- To recognise own barriers to work progression, identify agencies offering advice and guidance and make a plan for own next steps
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) looking for work or looking to progress in their current employment.
The course will run weekly – every Monday – from 8th February to 29th March 2021
To enrol or for further info, please call 0117 9739744 or email email@example.com