Emergency First Aid at Work
A practical and theory-based course, where learners can gain a nationally recognised Emergency First Aid At Work certificate. To equip learners with an overview knowledge and skills to be able to deal with an emergency situation and perform emergency aid as a first aider at work or as a volunteer.
Learning outcomes include:
- List the contents and essentials of a first aid kit.
- Demonstrate correctly how to and deal with an unconscious casualty, assess a choking casualty and be able to give emergency aid.
- Deal with a bleed, fracture, sprain and strain correctly and recognise the differences.
- Describe and demonstrate how to do cardiopulmonary resuscitation and state one or more reasons for the safe use of a defibrillator.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries, including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, and scalds.
- Assess how to use learning on course in a work setting.
This course is open to learners (19+ years) who would benefit from gaining this knowledge and the certificate to use in their work, job search or as volunteers.
There is a fee of £21.00 for this course unless learner is working on low income or on means-tested benefits and can provide sufficient evidence of this.
This is a one-day course
To enrol, please contact Lucy Fieldhouse 0117 9039763 or 07788353446
Further information: The Park Centre is a fully accessible with car park. Bus routes 90, 91 & 92 stop nearby. Café on site or can bring own food for breaks.