Emergency First Aid at Work
A practical and theory-based course, where learners can gain a nationally recognised Emergency First Aid At Work certificate.
The course will equip learners with an overview knowledge and skills to be able to deal with an emergency situation and perform emergency aid as a first aider at work or as a volunteer.
Learning outcomes include:
- Demonstrate how to deal with an unconscious casualty and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Demonstrate safe use of a defibrillator and list reasons for doing this.
- Assess a choking patient and how to treat them.
- Deal with a bleed, fracture, sprain and strain correctly and recognise the differences in response.
- Demonstrate appropriate first aid for minor injuries, including small cuts, grazes, bruises, and minor burns.
This course is open to learners (19+ years) who would benefit from gaining this knowledge and the certificate to use in their work, job search or as volunteers.
There is a fee of £21.00 for this course unless learner is working on low income or on means-tested benefits and can provide sufficient evidence of this.
This is a one-day course
To enrol, please contact Lucy Fieldhouse 0117 9039763 or 07788353446
Further information: Fully accessible venue. Bus routes 91 & m1 stop nearby. Local shops nearby or bring your own lunch.