Emergency First Aid At Work
A practical and theory based course, learners can gain an Emergency First Aid At Work certificate with Indigo Bubble Training company.
This course will equip learners with an overview knowledge and skills to be able to deal with an emergency situation and perform emergency aid as a first aider at work or as a volunteer.
Learning outcomes include:
- Explain the role and list the priorities of a first aider.
- List the contents and essentials of a first aid kit.
- Understand demonstrate how to and deal with an unconscious casualty, assess a choking casualty and be able to give emergency aid.
- Deal with a bleed, fracture, sprain and strain and recognise the differences.
- Understand (and perform) cardiopulmonary resuscitation and state 1+ reason for the safe use of a defibrillator.
- Assess and state how to give emergency aid to a burn or a scald.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries, including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, and scalds.
- Demonstrate an understanding of urgent medical conditions, stroke, diabetes, heart attack, angina and epilepsy.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) who would benefit from gaining this knowledge and the certificate -to use in their work, job search or as volunteers.
The course will run over 2 days – Thursday 19th March and Thurs 26th March 2020.
To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney on 0117 9030072 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, contact the centre directly.
This course is FREE to anyone (or their partner) who receives an eligible means tested benefit, or who earns less than £16,090. Proof will be needed otherwise fees may apply. The cost will be £21.
Further info: Venue is fully accessible. Buses to Crow Lane shops, parking on the street or in car park in the road. Please see: www.henburyandbrentrycommunitycentre.com