Emergency First Aid At Work [Online]
An online theory-based course, learners can gain an Emergency First Aid At Work certificate with Indigo Bubble Training company, once it is safe to have an additional classroom based session for practical work. This additional 2 hour practical session in a classroom will be arranged when it is safe to do this and will be needed to gain the accreditation. Learn useful knowledge and skills to use at home during Lockdown.
This course will equip learners with an overview knowledge and skills to be able to deal with an emergency situation and perform emergency aid as a first aider at work or as a volunteer.
This is an online course using Zoom, Google Classroom and email.
Learning outcomes include:
- Explain the role and list the priorities of a first aider.
- List the contents and essentials of a first aid kit.
- Understand demonstrate how to and deal with an unconscious casualty, assess a choking casualty and be able to give emergency aid.
- Deal with a bleed, fracture, sprain and strain and recognise the differences.
- Assess and state how to give emergency aid to a burn or a scald.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries, including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, and scalds.
- Demonstrate an understanding of urgent medical conditions, stroke, diabetes, heart attack, angina and epilepsy.
- Understand (and perform when safe to have a classroom session) cardiopulmonary resuscitation and state 1+ reason for the safe use of a defibrillator.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) with few or no qualifications, and/or who receive an eligible means tested benefit or who have a low income and who would benefit from gaining this knowledge and the certificate – to use in their work, job search or as volunteers.
The course will run weekly – every Tuesday – 30th June to 21st July 2020
To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney on 07887451776 or email email@example.com.