Emergency First Aid At Work
A practical and theory based course, learners can gain a nationally recognised Emergency First Aid At Work certificate
This course will equip learners with an overview knowledge and skills to be able to deal with an emergency situation and perform emergency aid as a first aider at work or as a volunteer.
Learning outcomes include:
- List the contents and essentials of a first aid kit.
- Demonstrate correctly how to and deal with an unconscious casualty, assess a choking casualty and be able to give emergency aid
- Deal with a bleed, fracture, sprain and strain and recognise the differences.
- Describe and demonstrate how to do cardiopulmonary resuscitation and state 1+ reason for the safe use of a defibrillator
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries, including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, and scalds.
- Assess how to use learning on course in a work setting
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) that who would benefit from gaining this knowledge and the certificate -to use in their work, job search or as volunteers.
The course will run for 2 days – Thursday 25th and Monday 29th July 2019.
To enrol, please contact Richard Davies on 07788353420.
Further info : www.southmead.org/Greenway-centre