Eat Well – Live Well
You will learn to create healthy menus and improve your cooking skills to make tasty balanced meals. The course will have a mix of cooking, information, discussion and activities to help you improve skills and health.
Learning objectives include:
- Describe and demonstrate how to read food labels accurately.
- Describe how the traffic label system works using research online.
- List and identify the five main food groups and practice dividing food into these groups.
- Identify the correct daily food portion amounts from the individual food groups.
- Demonstrate how to reduce fats, salts and sugar in our diets and recognise what foods contain these.
- Accurately follow step-by-step recipe sheets when cooking.
- Explain the benefits of healthy-eating and a more active lifestyle by researching online and through class activities.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) in the local community that would like to learn more about the link between eating and living well.
FREE creche available but places must be booked in advance.
The course will run weekly – every Monday – from 4th November to 9th December 2019
To enrol, please contact Edwina Provansal 07825315820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: Street parking available nearby venue. Ask at reception for course location.