Eat Well – Live Well
You will learn to create healthy menus and improve your cooking skills to make tasty balanced meals. Course will have a mix of cooking, information, discussion and activities to help you improve skills and health.
Learning objectives include:
- Describe and demonstrate how to read food labels.
- Describe how the traffic label system works.
- List and identify the five food groups and practice how to divide food into groups.
- Identify the correct food portion daily amounts from the individual food groups.
- Identify body mass index calculations.
- Demonstrate how to reduce fats, salts and sugar in our diets and recognise what foods contain this.
- Follow step-by-step recipe sheets accurately when cooking.
- Explain the benefits of healthy eating and a more active lifestyle.
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) that have a desire to improve their health and wellbeing.
The course will run weekly – every Thursday – from 25th April to 30th May 2019
To enrol, please contact Lucy Fieldhouse 07788353446 or email email@example.com
Further information: Fully accessible venue. Car park on site. Bus routes 90 and 91 stop nearby.