Eat Well – Live Well
You will learn to create healthy menus and improve your cooking skills to make tasty balanced meals. The course will have a mix of cooking, information, discussion and activities to help you improve skills and health.
Learning objectives include:
- Describe and demonstrate how to read food labels accurately.
- Describe how the traffic label system works using research online.
- List and identify the five main food groups and practice dividing food into these groups.
- Identify the correct daily food portion amounts from the individual food groups.
- Identify body mass index calculations.
- Demonstrate how to reduce fats, salts and sugar in our diets and recognise what foods contain these.
- Accurately follow step-by-step recipe sheets when cooking.
- Explain the benefits of healthy-eating and a more active lifestyle by researching online and through class activities.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) that would like to improve their health and wellbeing.
The course will run weekly – every Thursday – from 7th November to 5th December 2019
To enrol, please contact Lucy Fieldhouse 07788353446 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: Free car park on site and fully accessible venue.