(Booking Closed) Dyslexia Support and Study Skills
This course has already started and is no longer accepting new enrolments
This is a supportive course for adults who have been diagnosed as dyslexic or think they are. During the course learners will be provided with opportunities to share experiences, identify their personal learning styles and strengths as well as focus on resources to aid spelling and writing. Learners will consider strategies for dealing with new information, stressful situations, effective time management and organisation.
Learning outcomes include:
- Define dyslexia and share experiences of what it is like to be dyslexic
- Study famous dyslexics and recognise their life challenges and successes
- Recognise ways to learn and identify personal learning styles
- Understand and share strategies for dealing with new information
- Understand some useful tools and techniques to help with time management and organisation
- Understand different ways to deal with stress and anxiety
- Know some useful strategies and resources to aid spelling and writing
- Recognise dyslexic strengths and the benefits of being dyslexic
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) with few or no qualifications who have been diagnosed as dyslexic or think they are.
The course will run weekly – every Tuesday – from 21st June to 19th July 2022
To register your interest, please call 0117 9739744 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further info – The venue is accessible via public transport (further information can be found at https://youtheducationservice.org.uk.) There is no parking on site.