A supportive course for adults who have been diagnosed as dyslexic or think they are dyslexic. The course will provide opportunities for learners to share experiences and strategies with others as well as understand some useful tools and techniques to aid spelling, writing, time management and organisation.
Learning objectives include:
- Define dyslexia and share experiences of what it is like to be dyslexic.
- Study famous dyslexics and recognise their life challenges and successes.
- Recognise ways to learn and identify personal learning styles.
- Understand and share strategies for dealing with new information.
- Understand some useful tools and techniques to help with time management and organisation.
- Understand different ways to deal with stress and anxiety.
- Know some useful strategies and resources to aid spelling and writing.
- Recognise dyslexic strengths and the benefits of being dyslexic.
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) who are dyslexic or think they are.
The course will run weekly – every Friday – from 11th June to 9th July 2021
To register your interest, please call 0117 9739744 or email email@example.com
Further information: The venue is accessible via public transport. If you phone or email to book your place, a map and bus information can be sent to you. There is no parking on site.