DIY : Painting and Decorating Skills
Join a small friendly group to learn new DIY skills, put your skills into practice – prepare and paint the community centre with the support of an experienced tutor/decorator.
You will learn how to paint a room at the community centre as a team; building confidence in developing DIY skills, which could be used at home or in work.
Learning outcomes include:
- Know how to plan and select the right type of paint for the job.
- Use 1+ different ways to apply paint, e.g. sponging, roller, paint brush, cutting in.
- Identify 1+ health and safety issues.
- Estimate cost and amount of paint needed to decorate a wall/room.
- List 1+ ways to get employment as a decorator, e.g. self -employment.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) that have few or no qualifications.
The course will run for 2 days – Monday 17 June & Thursday 20 June 2019.
To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney on 0117 9030072 or email email@example.com
Further info : Fully accessible venue, parking on street, or buses to Crow Lane shops. The venue is behind the library.