Confidence for Learning Maths
About this course
An introductory programme for adults wanting to return to learning Maths. This short and interactive course will support learners to build classroom skills and confidence and support their progression to further educational programmes. Learners will have the opportunity to leave this course with an understanding of their Maths level and how to continue learning on accredited or non-accredited pathways
Learning objectives include:
- Learners feel more confident about their ability to learn Maths
- Better understand their individual learning needs and develop methods to help them with these
- Gain a better understanding of the number system
- Improve confidence with the key mathematical operations
- Know which Functional Skills Maths level they are at
- Understand how they may be able to progress in the future
- Familiarise themselves with a variety of resources that they can use independently
- Learners are able to use different methods and technologies to practise Maths skills
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) with few or no qualifications looking to re-engage with further non-accredited learning in the near future. Learners looking to build confidence and skills in Maths, perhaps with a long term goal to complete Functional Skills qualifications.
The course will run weekly – every Tuesday – from 28th June to 12th July 2022
To register your interest, please call 0117 9739744 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further info – The venue is accessible via public transport (further information can be found at https://youtheducationservice.org.uk.) There is no parking on site.