Computer/Digital Skills for Work
A course for beginners or anyone wanting to brush up their computer/digital skills for work and/or volunteering. This course will give learners the experience of writing emails, using the internet, online applications, e- safety, Word and/or Excel. It will also give learners an opportunity to find out how to access BCC’s Citizen Services online as well as an opportunity to get ready for Universal Credit.
Learning outcomes include:
- Send, reply and forward an email message.
- Record job search activities in an online journal.
- Upload a document to an online account e.g. CV.
- Discuss how to deal with potential e-safety risks.
- Use Microsoft Word to create a document.
- Create a monthly household budget (using Excel or other)
- Use the internet/search engine for Job Search or other research.
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) with few or no qualifications who wish to brush up their computer skills and learn new skills, especially for Job Seekers.
The course will run weekly – every Thursday – from 19th September to 24th October 2019.
To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney on 0117 9030072 or 07887451776
Further info: Accessible venue. Parking on the street, bus stop in the village and Avonmouth railway station is close to the centre. Also see https://sites.google.com/site/avonmouthcca/