Communication for Work and Volunteering
A supportive course for adults who are hoping to move/move back into volunteering or work. The emphasis will be on building confidence and developing clarity about what their next steps are going to be.
The course will target those for whom communication skills (in particular literacy) are a barrier to gaining employment and as well as helping them to improve their skills will support them in asking for the reasonable adjustments and support they need.
Learning objectives include:
- Tell someone what I am good at
- Tell someone what my plans are for volunteering or work
- Share ideas of where to look for volunteering opportunities and/or work
- Ask for the support I need in a volunteering placement or at work
- Manage reading tasks in volunteering or at work
- Manage writing tasks in volunteering or at work
- Feel confident in speaking and listening in volunteering or at work
- Feel prepared for an interview
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) who are hoping to move (back) into employment or volunteering, especially those who find communication skills, particularly literacy, a barrier, and want to feel more confident
The course will run weekly – every Monday – from 7th October to 2nd December 2019
To enrol, please call 0117 9739744 or email email@example.com
Further info – The venue is accessible via public transport. If you phone or email to book your place, a map and bus information can be sent to you. There is no parking on site.