CIEH Foundation Certificate in Food Safety
A theory-based course to help you gain the recognised qualification in food safety that will last you three years and can be used in work or volunteering settings.
Learning outcomes include:
- List and describe three terms used in food safety.
- Identify three different types of food hazard.
- Describe ‘cross-contamination’ and list three ways to prevent it.
- List four key temperatures used to keep food safe.
- State the ideal conditions for the multiplication of bacteria.
- Assess ways to use the qualification in an employment or volunteer setting – use the internet
The course is free if you are on means-tested benefits or are working on a low income (below £15,726 per annum) and can provide evidence of this. Otherwise, the course fee is £30.00.
The course is open to learners aged 19+ years who wish to gain a food hygiene qualification to work or volunteer with food.
The course will run for 2 weeks – every Thursday – from 17th October to 24th October 2019. You must attend both sessions.
To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney on 0117 9030072 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please bring photographic ID and confirmation of benefits to the first session.
Further info: Buses to Henbury Library, Crow Lane. Street and car parking available.