Brush Up English
This course will give you the opportunity to learn the skills, increase your confidence in reading, writing and speaking and help prepare you for gaining an English qualification in the new year.
FREE creche available but places must be booked in advance.
Increase skills, knowledge and confidence in reading, writing and speaking and to help prepare you to take entry 3, level 1 or level 2 English functional skills qualification.
Learning objectives include:
- Identify and summarise the main points of texts.
- Identify layout features in a range of texts.
- Plan and draft writing, and organise it into paragraphs.
- Correctly spell common words and those relevant to them.
- Correctly use capital letters and full stops.
- Share ideas and opinions at least once in a formal discussion setting.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) who want to improve their reading, writing, speaking & listening skills with an option to continue with a Functional Skills course in January 2020
The course will run weekly – every Friday – from 27th September to 13th December 2019
To enrol, please contact Lucy Fieldhouse 07788353446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: Fully accessible venue with street parking available nearby venue.