A pre-employment course for people who identify as disabled or who have a long-term health condition (including mental health conditions) and who may be thinking about starting or returning to employment, volunteering or training.
This course will increase confidence of learners, introducing them to mindfulness and calming techniques, discuss disability/long-term health condition and barriers to working, transferable skills, disclosure to employers and support in the work place. Improve upon basic IT skills in everyday life using Learn My Way. What are our next steps to moving closer to employment, voluntary work or training?
Learning objectives include:
- Improve self-confidence (measured by snap shots and ILP and ‘moving on’ plan).
- Improve IT confidence around using the Internet including e-safety and online banking.
- Create small changes to ourselves and our lifestyles to improve anxiety using wellbeing methods such as diet, exercise, communication and mindfulness.
- Understand disclosure, equality law and your rights in the workplace, in work support, reasonable adjustments and Access to Work support.
- Decide next-step learning/training, volunteering, employment support (WoEW/JCP/Working Health Programme/Employability Course).
- Learn and understand own level of Literacy and Numeracy.
This course is aimed specifically at learners that identify as disabled or have a long-term health condition (aged 19+), who may be thinking of returning to employment or training.
The course will run weekly – every Monday – from 17th June to 15th July 2019
To enrol, please contact LC Groux-Moreau or Alison Browning – WECIL on 0117 9479911 or email@example.com
Further information: Fully accessible venue with parking and close to public transport links. Nearest parking available at the Galleries.