Active Community Life
This course will support you to know more about what goes on in your local community and ways that you can get actively involved. The course will increase your confidence to take part and help you to find opportunities including volunteering and employment. The course will enable learners to find a voice in their community.
Learning objectives include:
- Learn about what goes on in your community and feel more confident to take part in it.
- Say what motivates you to get involved in your community and what is stopping you.
- Take part in a group activity to learn about different opportunities in your community.
- Use the internet and other means to find out about opportunities in your local area.
- Go on a visit to a local community project. Research the organisation you will be visiting.
- Discover the value of volunteering and the skills you can gain.
- Choose a local community project and apply to volunteer or work with them.
- Decide what you want to change in the future as a result of the course. Write down one or two goals and create an action plan to achieve them.
This course is open to ESOL learners (aged 19+) with Entry 1 and above level English.
Learners with pre-school children are encouraged to enrol as crèche places are available for this course.
The course will run weekly – every Thursday – from 24 October to 12 December 2019.
To enrol, please call Karen Davies on 07526354736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further info : Fully accessible venue