Looking for some fun learning activities to do with your children? Why not try our specially designed free family learning activities.
These activities are suitable for primary age children and include videos, activities, tasks and quizzes
We have also put together some useful links to other websites and organisations providing activities that can help your children to learn at home.
- Bristol Community Learning – Videos for English, maths and employability
- Youtube Free School – Massive selection of free videos for kids covering all topic areas
- TED talks – Great presentations about all manner of subjects. Remind yourself about some of the best parts of life.
- TED – Ed – Great presentations for a younger audience
- BBC Bitesize – Great for all subjects for Primary, Key Stage 3, GCSE & A Levels
- Kahn Academy – iOS app, Android app. The american equivalent of Bitesize. Well designed and covering all ages.
- Kahn Kids – iOS app, Android app. Amazing app based resource for kids age 2-7.
- IXL – A great web based resource of Maths and English
- Integra Home learning – A huge selection of web based resources
- Oak national academy – A great series of online tests and learning resources
- Future Learn Schools – Future Learn have new content aimed at ages 13+
- Bristol Skills English – Videos, quizzes and tutorials for English topics.
- Word Trip – iOS app, Android app. – Great little fun word game. Free but with adverts
- English with Emma – Great English lessons focused on speakers of other languages
- Read books together, or write own comic strip / short story and illustrate it
- Learn the spellings of tricky words
- Look up and learn 10 new words a day and write a sentence using each new word in context.
- Word games, crosswords, scrabble, puzzles
- SpellTower – iOS app. Fun and free spelling , crossword game
- Audible – Audible stories is a selection of free audio books for kids, no login. This is a fantastic!
- Bristol Skills Maths – Maths resources, videos and quizzes
- Maths Antics – Huge selection of videos across all maths topics. Focused on kids, but parents could use as well!
- My Maths – Great maths content, most schools have a subscription to this
- Hit the Button – iOS app, Android app. Quick fire maths games for 6 to 11 year olds.
- Quick Math – iOS app, Android app. Multiplication table and arithmetic game
- Horrible Science – Science videos for kids
- PBS Spacetime – Science videos for teenagers and adults
- Languages online – online language practice
- French games – Topics lessons and games
- Spanish games – Topics lessons and games
- German games – Topics lessons and games
- Horrible Histories – BBC teaching website to make history fun
- Horrible Histories – BBC videos on YouTube to make history fun
- Geography games – Lot’s of quizzes separated by topic
- National Geographic – Great educational videos for all ages
- Digital Parenting – Excellent advice from Vodafone about balancing online use for your kids.
- Scratch Jr – Learn to code, basic lessons for kids
- CodingGame – Advanced lessons in coding based on making games
- Educate in VR – If you’re lucky enough to have a PSVR, Oculus or other headset try out this list with the kids. For my money I’d get Titans of Space
- Why not video chat friends and family? Maybe the grandparents could set a small lesson in the afternoon.
Savvy Shopping – Our guide to cheap and easy meals on a budget
Sport England – #StayInWorkOut, some guidance and ideas for keeping fit at home
Yoga Fareham – Free Yoga classes for adults and family classes. Free but accepting donations
School of SOS – Free Dance classes live streamed through Instagram and on Zoom
PnP Arcade – Board games to print out and play with your kids. Many are free
- Joe Wicks – Great exercise routines for all ages.