With everything locking down again we wanted to take a quick look at some top tips for setting quality online learning plans.
- Plan ahead. How are you going to keep in touch with your learners? Can you build a ‘home base’? A home base is a simple website built with something like Google Sites or even Padlet so students always know how to get the latest information.
- Keep it simple. Just meeting once a week over video conferencing and sending out a couple of links can be a great foundation for excellent online learning.
- Help students self study. The beauty of blended learning is that you promote critical thinking and motivation. Set tasks that require students to find and evaluate their own study resources.
- Keep in touch. Don’t forget, even if you have a weekly Zoom meeting, there are loads of ways to touch base on an individual basis. A quick chat over instant messaging can really lift spirits and resolve problems.
- Test it! Finally, don’t just ‘fire and forget’. Make sure you can log in and complete the work you are setting. Do all the links work? A little bit of work now will save lots of problems later.
The downloadable document is here: