Mencap Bristol Lifestyles and Work provides Employment Support, Job Coaching, Work skills courses and Supported Internship opportunities to people With Learning difficulties
No one understands better than us that work is about more than just having a job. Being able to work can give you confidence, independence and the means to realise bigger dreams.
That’s why our work and training service, Employ Me, exists. We can help you, or someone you care for, to develop all the skills they need for the workplace. CV writing, interview practice, role-play, whatever it takes
we’ll do everything we can to get more people with a learning disability in rewarding jobs.
We can help people identify job opportunities, review a person’s training needs and provide on-the-job support where appropriate.
How can Employ Me support people?
- Pre-employment support – appropriate training to develop the skills needed to get a paid job.
- Work trials and placements – experience in a real work environment.
- Support to find paid work – help with searching for a paid job through a range of employers, CV writing and interview preparation.
- Job coaching and in-work support – help to learn new skills and cope with change.
- Employer support – we also work with businesses employing people with a learning disability, so they can provide the right support and benefit from having a diverse workforce.
Most recently we’ve built strong relationships with businesses such as McDonald’s and South West Trains.