Learners will work together to safely start and maintain a fire using natural resources. Over the 6 sessions you will learn to make meals with increasing difficulty. Sessions will include discussion about budgeting, food preparation and meal planning. There will also be an opportunity to use iPads to record your experiences. The aim is to encourage team working, build confidence and knowledge around cooking. To demonstrate skills that can be applied in the work place such as planning, time management and problem-solving.
Learning objectives include:
- Demonstrate teamwork through a range of activities.
- Use good communication skills.
- Demonstrate safe and responsible working.
- Practice food preparation.
- Describe food hygiene.
- Use natural resources to cook.
- Demonstrate time and risk management.
- Use technology to record experience.
This course is open to all learners (aged 19+) with few or no qualifications.
The course will run weekly – every Monday – from 4th February to 18th March 2019
To enrol, please contact Charley Murrell – Groundwork South 07833128737 or email@example.com
Further information: See website groundwork.org.uk