Sewing to become Self-employed
This course will enable you to build skills, knowledge and a greater awareness of craft-making, budgeting, managing money. The aim of the course is to teach you more advanced sewing skills including using a sewing machine. Course visits will give you ideas of how to successfully become self-employed. Learning outcomes include:
- Use a sewing machine confidently.
- Select appropriate stiches.
- Design and make a small selection of items to sell.
- Identify how to use discount apps on phones/iPads.
- Describe how learning from the course can help with other budgeting skills.
- Understand how volunteering can help you become self-employed.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) residents of Easton and Lawrence Hill areas who wish to develop sewing skills and become self-employed.
Free crèche available but places must be booked.
The course will run weekly – every Thursday – from 8th November to 13th December 2018
To enrol, please contact Easton Christian Family Centre 0117 955 3172
Further information: On street parking available nearby venue.