Parenting with Confidence
Understand why children behave as they do and learn techniques to manage misbehaviour. Develop confidence to build a positive relationship with your child/children. Learning outcomes include:
- Recognise the reasons why children behave as they do and their role in shaping that behaviour.
- Give positive praise and attention, recognising opportunities in their child’s behaviour to do so.
- Communicate effectively promoting children’s confidence and self-worth.
- Provide a positive learning environment for their children involving teaching new skills and supporting natural development.
- List a range of interesting and engaging activities that children enjoy and be able to deliver and support them confidently.
- Deal confidently with misbehaviour, following through with consequences or praise in every instance.
- Plan and carry out a high risk activity implementing a range of parenting techniques to ensure a positive experience.
- Recognise the feelings and needs of children when they are upset and to deal calmly with high emotions
This course is aimed at parents/carers of children that attend Waycroft Academy
The course will begin Friday 18th May 2018 and will continue weekly every Monday after this – ending 23rd July 2018
To enrol, please contact Julie St Jean Dick 0117 9039809 or 07552218199
Further information: See website www.