Parenting: Communication Skills
This course is designed to increase parents confidence and skills with understanding and managing their child’s behaviour. Learning outcomes include:
- Recognise the reasons why children behave as they do and their role in shaping that behaviour.
- List a range of interesting and engaging activities that children enjoy and be able to deliver and support them confidently.
- Give positive praise and attention, recognising opportunities in their child’s behaviour to do so.
- Deal confidently with misbehaviour, following through with consequences or praise in every instance.
- Communicate effectively promoting children’s confidence and self-worth.
- Plan and carry out a high risk activity implementing a range of parenting techniques to ensure a positive experience.
- Provide a positive learning environment for their children involving teaching new skills and supporting natural development.
This course is aimed at learners aged 19+ years.
The course will run weekly – every Friday – from 15th June to 20th July 2018
To enrol, please contact Richard Davies 0117 9030060 or 07788353420
Further information: www.filtonavenue.com