Paediatric First Aid
A practical and helpful course that will help you deal with health emergencies in babies and children. Learners can opt for qualification with this course. Increase your skills and self-confidence in dealing with paediatric emergencies and managing illnesses and injuries safely. Learning objectives include:
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of a Paediatric First Aider.
- List what to look for and describe how to complete a primary survey correctly.
- Explain and demonstrate the Recovery Position correctly.
- State the principles of resuscitation and demonstrate procedure following instructions showing the reason for doing it.
- Demonstrate effective and relevant ways to respond to a range of emergency situations including choking, shock, concussion, burns, bites/stings, poisoning and fractures.
- Correctly assess how to deal with minor and major wounds.
- Apply knowledge in how to manage a range of illnesses and health conditions in babies and children.
- Evaluate own skills and confidence levels in dealing with first aid situations.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) wanting to learn basic First Aid for babies and children. The course is accredited with an opportunity to gain a recognised qualification.
The course will run weekly – every Monday – from 17th September to 12th November 2018
To enrol, please contact Lucy Fieldhouse 0117 9039763 or 07788353446
Further information: Fully accessbile venue. Access via Ilminster Avenue. Adult class in Community Room and crèche in Garden Room. Must book a place for the crèche.