Moving on with Dyslexia
A supportive course for adults who have been diagnosed as dyslexic or think they are dyslexic and have completed the YES course in Dyslexic Support. You will learn more about dyslexia and strategies for coping with it. You will learn by sharing experiences with others.
The aim of the course is to support adults that are dyslexic, or think they are dyslexic, by providing relevant information and opportunities to share experiences. Learning outcomes include:
- Talk about experiences of dyslexia and changes since original course.
- Analyse own dyslexic ‘triggers’ and describe strategies for dealing with these.
- Explain the environment and support I need for learning or study, to someone I don’t know.
- Describe ‘reasonable adjustments’ which would help me in the workplace.
- Create an image of my dyslexia through and art-form e.g. poetry, image, movement, etc.
- Access some useful websites and podcasts.
- Say where I could find further help and support.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) who are dyslexic or who think they are dyslexic.
The course will run for just 3 weeks – every Tuesday – from 27th November to 11th December 2018
To enrol, please contact Christine Cox 0117 9739744 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: The venue is accessible via public transport. If you phone or email to book your place, a map and bus information can be sent out to you. No parking available on site.