Make Numbers Work
The course is aimed at adults who wish to become more confident in Maths. Learners will identify their current skills and knowledge and develop their essential maths skills in a supportive environment.
Learners will apply Maths skills to everyday, real-life situations; topics will include money skills, metric measures and best value/best buy.
A variety of resources will be used such as card activities: follow-on games, matching cards and maths dominoes as well as paper-based resources. Learning objectives include:
- Order and compare whole and decimal numbers.
- Use a calculator to calculate and/or check results.
- Order unit fractions, calculate fractions of amounts.
- Order metric weight and capacity by size and solve metric weight problems.
- Identify the best buy, giving reasons for choices made.
- Read lists, tables and charts and extract data.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) that want to feel more confident in dealing with everyday Maths skills.
The course will run weekly – every Monday – from 5th November to 10th December 2018
To enrol, please contact Christine Cox – Youth Education Service 0117 973 9744 or email@example.com
Further information: The venue is accessible by public transport. Phone or email for directions, map and/or bus information. No parking on site.