Level 2 in Sports Leadership
The Level 2 Award in Community Sports Leadership is a nationally recognised qualification that enables successful candidates to independently lead small groups of people in sport and recreational activities. The aim of the course is to support learners to develop knowledge, skills, confidence and social networks to get ready for learning and work. Learning objectives include:
- Plan and lead a short 15-minute sports session as part of a team that is appropriate for the participants of the group.
- Plan and lead as part of a team a 10-minute fitness session that improves at least two of the four components of fitness.
- Plan and adapt a session using the STEP method in an appropriate way to reduce and increase the difficulty of the activity or skill.
- Motivate a participant or group using two or more types of motivation within an activity or game during a session.
- Perform a written risk assessment of the area you use and ensure that you provide at least one verbal safety check of a group you are leading and take appropriate action with any issues that arise.
This course is aimed at anyone interested in learning how to lead activity sessions wanting to increase confidence and build an understanding of how to motivate and communicate with different participants.
The course will run on a weekly basis every Tuesday ending 24th April 2018
To enrol, please contact Darron Hamilton – BCC Sport & Physical Activity Team 07917503766 or email@example.com
Further information: Search ‘Community Sport leaders’ on www.eventbrite.co.uk